We are Kyocera SGS Precision Tools Europe, a market leading manufacturer of solid carbide cutting tools for the aerospace, medical and power generation markets. With a global presence and a range of high-performance products, we are currently expanding our team and seeking a Technical Sales Manager to join us in maximizing sales in this thriving area of the UK and providing continuous support to our customers.
Reporting to the Global Sales Director, this field-based role covers the Midlands and Northeast of England. This role will be responsible for developing an existing territory with major growth potential, promoting and selling our range of precision solid carbide cutting tools to end users and distributors.
The successful candidate will need to be reliable, flexible, motivated and committed to providing excellent service to the region.
- Establishing and selling products via select direct and distribution accounts with a focus on our high performance range.
- Developing new OEM and Tier-1 direct accounts within the Midlands and Northeast of England.
- Actively and efficiently following up on all leads and enquiries within the region.
- Supporting our distribution partners within the territory and offering training on the features and benefits of our high-performance products.
- Providing tool application resources for optimum speeds and feeds, as well as troubleshooting technical problems.
- Responsible for complete, detailed, and timely reporting of sales activities and reports.
- Reporting market trends in relation to all products.
- Coordinating all sales/marketing/technical support requirements in the territory.
- Making recommendations on sales/marketing strategies for the territory and supporting global applications or projects as required.
- Attending training courses as required at various global locations.
- Effectively and efficiently managing projects with internal colleagues and end users to ensure seamless implementation of products and strategies.
- Responsible for sales and gross profit margins with trading accounts and for customer service levels within the Midlands and Northeast of England.
- A proven track record of successful sales experience in a similar industry, preferably with solid carbide cutting tools.
- Relevant engineering qualifications i.e. Degree or equivalent in engineering or related area, City And Guilds, HNC, HND in Engineering, CNC – CAD/CAM programming capability
- Experience in developing new business and managing existing customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in the application of cutting tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Reliability and flexibility to travel within the Midlands and Northeast of England as required.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including company car, remote working IT equipment, as well as ongoing training, career and personal development opportunities.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us for the full person specification and job description.