Personal Personal data
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
How we use your information
We, Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd, will collect and use your personal data to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us, to notify you about changes to or to make suggestions and recommendations that may interest you about our range of products or services, or to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will also use collected information to administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so. Also, as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Why does Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with the best user experience and customer service, we need to collect personal data to ascertain your needs and requirements and also your preferences and choices with regards to services and products we offer. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the aforementioned purposes. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. Information collected from our contact form on the webpage will be kept for a minimum of 1 year if no further contact has been made. The information will then be destroyed as per our policies.
Under what circumstances will Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. If you have opted to receive marketing and promotional communication, then you will be included in any such campaigns. If you wish to withdraw consent to be contacted for this purpose, you may do so by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
How long the data will be stored?
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority?
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
If Kyocera Precision Tools Europe Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving License
- Utility Bill from Last 3 months
- Birth Certificate
How do I contact you for complaints or data access requests?
As per your rights as a Data Subject outlined above, you are entitled to withdraw consent or restrict usage of your personal data at any time and may also make amendments to the data we hold whenever is necessary. You may email us on email@example.com You can also enquire about what data we hold as is outlined above in this policy. To do so, you will have to provide 2 forms of identification as per the guidelines above, accompanied by a covering letter and mail it to:
Kyocera SGS Precision Tools Europe Ltd
10-11 Ashville Way
For complaints, you may contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner by using the contact details below
Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane Wilmslow
0303 123 1113.