Technical Sales Engineer
Attractive Salary + Commission + Car + Laptop / Mobile
Required to maximise sales and provide continuous support to existing and new customers, (direct accounts and distributors), for a fast-growing manufacturer of precision carbide cutting tools for the aerospace, medical and general engineering markets. This is an exciting new position to join a thriving company with a global presence to develop an existing territory offering major growth potential.
Reporting to the Sales Director this position is a field-based role covering the Northwest of England. Based from home you will visit end users and distributors to promote and sell our range of precision carbide cutting tools. Reliability and flexibility are essential to provide a fantastic service to the region.
- Selling and establishing products via select direct and distribution accounts with a strong emphasis on the company’s High-Performance rang
- Actively and efficiently following up on all leads and enquiries within the region
- Supporting our distribution partners within the territory and offering training on the features and benefits of selling and using the company’s High-Performance products.
- Tool application resource for optimum speeds and feeds as well as troubleshooting technical problem
- Responsible for complete, detailed, and timely reporting of sales activities, reports etc.
- Report market trends in relation to all
- Assist the Sales Director in budget planning, distribution selection, and forecasting
- Coordination of all sales/marketing/technical support requirements in the territory
- Recommendations on sales/marketing strategies for the territory and support global applications or projects as and when require
- Attend training courses as and when required at various Global locations from time to time
- Effective efficient management of projects with internal colleagues and end users to ensure seamless implementation of products and strategies.
- Responsible for sales and gross profit margins with trading accounts and for customer service levels within the Northwest of England.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant engineering qualifications i., City and Guilds, HNC, HND in Engineering, CNC – CAD/CAM programming capability
- Technical expertise and product or cutting tool knowledge
- Sales, presentation and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills must include communication and handling stressful situations
- Basic financial understanding, including the calculation of costs and margins
- Self-organised, time management plus a positive and optimistic outlook
- PC skills (Microsoft Office and CRM / MRP systems)
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Technical Sales Engineer to develop an existing territory offering major scope for growth. Join a company that is part of a worldwide group, and well placed for EU expansion. Salary negotiable based on experience, plus commission, car, laptop and mobile, everything you require for success! To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to our Sales and Marketing Director: email@example.com